Thursday 23 November 2017

carpe diem

Time is such a relative concept.
It’s lying right there inside our minds
It could weigh so heavy sometimes
But this time I know I’ll get through with it somehow

‘Cos Time’s a healer and that’s alright

I was taught to be patient and I waited
All through my life _
So many nights of sorrow and so many
Roads that passed me by _

Now my only real ambition was to stay
Aside and survive _

Like I’m a born loser and it seemed alright

Time is such a strange concept.
It’s lying there on our minds
Cloudy skies that are gradually darkening
Weather changes turn them shiny and bright

And I thought it ought to help or heal me somehow
I did stall between two edges but that’s alright

Until Time brought along the wonder,
The beauty, the freshness, the light !
Our paths happened to get together,
I saw the emotion in your eyes _

And I sure knew my starving living
Had a reason to be lived somehow
‘Cos then I met the one and only loving
person with whom I’d share my life.


October, 8th 2000
©Matt Oehler 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment