Friday 1 February 2013

Mutual Compassion


 there are pleasures I can’t do without
but the dry tear on my cheek
reminds me that I’ve got to be strong
to overcome this lonesome and lonely walk --
I guess I’ll keep her for a lifetime in my thoughts
and that even if I may share my life with someone else
someone else’s love might just treat me as well
but I swear my compassion won’t fade away ----

because she’s been the first one
        the last one ? – to take me there
and all I can do is to show her my care
I shall be strong and mainly fair
I’ll try to stay within  the sphere
of common sense and common love
this kind of feeling from high above
want it to stay ; can’t deny her soul

the lives we live constantly tear us apart
it’s the great divide that justifies my love
        -  could be suggestive, that’s my heart ! –
the key is hers and I swirl all around
fed up with this harsh life ? No, I won’t die for love_
perhaps not for love, but maybe for her
mutual compassion that must be the clue
the sense of my living, the reason for my blues…


©Mathias Oehler 2000


No comments:

Post a Comment